In the land of Rain, Wind, Snow, Sun and more Rain, it’s important to have a functional set of brakes no matter what the season. You depend on your brakes to stop or slow your vehicle but also in over 50% of all driving scenarios and at Zahntech Automotive we provide the best all around brake service in Redmond, WA and the greater Sammamish Valley.
There are several issues that a car owner can have with their brakes and a handful of a reasons that one would need repairs. The brake pads have worn out, the calipers and drums might be rusted ( and with the amount of rain we get up here…) but it could also be a problem with your master cylinder, individual wheel cylinders or simply a lack of fluid.
At Zahntech Automotive we take pride in delivering the most thorough and expedient brake repair while also being conscious of your budget. While some of the signs that a car needs new brakes are fairly obvious, here’s a list of symptoms an automobile owner might notice if their car needs new brakes.
1) Having trouble or delay in stopping. ( Seems obvious but if you notice even the slightest difference in your car’s ability to stop then it could very well be something you want to get looked at.)
2) Pulling. ( If your car is pulling to one side either during or after applying the brakes this could be a sign that the caliper needs to be replaced or that the hose attached has collapsed.)
3) No pressure from the pedal. (If the brake pedal goes all the way to the floor without any resistance, it probably means your pads are worn out and need to be replaced.)
4) Vibrating pedal. (If the pedal vibrates when applied, and you’re not in an emergency antilock braking scenario, then this is an indication that the rotors are warped and need to be fixed ASAP)
5) Squeaks and squeals. (This is the most glaring and obvious symptom of them all. If you’re car consistently makes a squeaking sound during the duration of your brake application, that’s the warning system in your car’s brake system letting you know that the pads need to be replaced.)
If you’re having any of these warning signs from your automobile and want to see what the problem is, bring your car down to Zahntech Automotive today.